During the detailed engineering phase each aspect of the plant arrangement is considered carefully. Using the information and design obtained from the Basic Engineering phase, the timing for the design and installation phases can be coordinated exactly. Detailed calculations for equipment as well as technical specifications are prepared.
The results are detailed procurement documents for individual suppliers with respect to process, equipment and project timing.
The detailed engineering phase mainly consists of:
- P&I diagramme
- Preparation of tendering documents
- Obtaining and evaluation of quotations
- Procurement or assistance during the procurement phase
- General arrangement drawings
- Determination of foundations loads, static calculations
- Floor plans
- Preparing detailed technical specifications
- Equipment and instrumentation lists for electrical equipment
- Project time schedule and control
- Plant documentation